Benefits of the Mind/Body Program:
The Mind/Body program is designed to help you make lifestyle changes that will enhance your chances of conceiving. The program will help you:
- Decrease feelings of isolation and provide support from others who are also experiencing fertility problems
- Manage stress by learning specific stress reducing strategies and how to incorporate them in your daily life
- Improve your relationships with your partner, families, and friends
- Learn how to cope with thoughts that lead to depression and stress e.g. “I’ll never be a mom”
- Regain control of your life
Components of the Program:
- Understanding the infertility mind/body connection
- Relaxation techniques
- The art of self-nurturance
- Coping skills
- Cognitive restructuring and behavioral strategies
- Peer support
- Yoga and stretching exercises
- Your body: nutrition and exercise
- Guided imagery
- Meditation and mindfulness techniques
- Improved communication skills
Who Could Benefit?
Any woman who is having difficulty conceiving that may be experiencing emotional distress, depression, stress, and/or anxiety in their life related to infertility.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Mind/Body Program
For more information or to register for a mind/body workshop please call 321-536-1724 or contact Dr. Lefebvre by clicking here
“You will be happy again. Life will become joyful again. And somehow, someway, if you want to become a parent, you will.” Alice Domar Ph.D. Conquering Infertility
Click here for other Mind/Body Programs in the US
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the 10-week program covered by insurance?
It depends on your healthcare plan. Many insurance companies will offer partial reimbursement for this program if you have out of network benefits or flexible spending benefits. We encourage you to talk with your insurance company representative. We will be happy to provide you with a form you can submit to your insurance company.
- What time does the program start and can I arrive late?
The program start time varies from group to group but is usually held in the evening for your convenience. The first half hour of every group is reserved for an optional sharing and support session. The remaining time focuses on the mind body program.
- Do I need to sign-up for the entire 10-weeks or can I just come to some of the classes?
You must commit to the entire 10-week program when you sign-up. Continuity is important to enhance both the information and peer support offered by the group experience.
- I’m not a group type person. How touchy feely is this?
While there is a half hour of optional sharing time at the beginning of each session, the rest of the time is structured to provide information, i.e., relaxation techniques, nutrition, exercise, etc. If you don’t feel like you are a group person, you can simply skip the sharing/support time.
- What if my schedule does not accommodate the program hours?
A 5 week individual program and weekend workshops are also available. Participating in the 10-week program is recommended for the peer support of other women but we understand that this is not possible for everyone.
- Must partners participate?
Partners are strongly encouraged to attend three of the ten sessions, but this participation is optional. However, there is great benefit in involvement. Not only do they benefit from techniques taught, such as relaxation methods and the couples’ paired listening exercise. In addition, they gain key insight to what their partner is really going through.
- What happens if I need to miss a session?
Most people need to miss a session or two since ten weeks is a long stretch of time. We ask that you not miss more than two. At the first session, a buddy is assigned to you. This person is there not only to support you emotionally during the program should you need it, but also to take notes for you should you need to miss a session. The group leaders are also there to answer any questions. In addition, you receive materials at the beginning of the program, which provide enough background information that you can catch up easily by perusing them.
- What if I am not pursuing any medical treatment at this time?
That’s fine. You may participate in the program while taking a break from medical treatment. Also, our program is well-suited for participants who have chosen to take a more “natural” approach to resolving their infertility issues.